Wednesday 24 June 2015

Betrayal in the Last Days...(A cry for unity)

In recent months I have been saddened and distressed by how many people I know personally who have lost their fire, compromised the word of God, or who have turned on me, who claim to follow Christ. I've been accused of sins I know I have not committed, of "turning Jew", and "taking this end time stuff to seriously". I have been surprised at the amount of venom some Christian friends have spewed at me, when I have tried to find out why they have "cast me out", and others have refused to even acknowledge my attempts to reach out to reconcile.

This began happening not long after I left Bible College but it seems that I have been deemed either too radical or too sinful by people who have not shared a table with me in years. I have never walked out on a friendship nor severed ties with anyone unless they were abusive to me and refused to respect me.
However this is a sign of these end times I "take far too seriously". Betrayal and the love of many growing cold as each man or woman does what is right in their own eyes.

What would cause family members to turn on each other or brothers and sisters in the Faith to abandon or lash out at each other? IT seems unthinkable that such an event would arise where one family member might betray another, but it will happen – the Bible tells us so. But even in the Church there is going to be great treachery against one another. This is exactly the opposite of what the Lord prayed for us before He left this earth. Jesus prayed in John 17:21 “I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one…”

I have often told people that this final prayer of Jesus before He went to the Cross was His "Last Will and Testament" to His church and we have had gross negligence in not fulfilling His wishes. Denominations divide us, we have many who have a form of Godliness but deny the power of the Holy Spirit within their lives, and the truth has become offensive in this "seeker friendly" age.

It is because we are not in unity and because we deny the power and anointing of the Holy Spirit that evil and darkness is running amok, we have lost the desire and fire for holiness and deep relationship with Christ. However there is hope.

I know I speak to people here who know what it is like to travail in prayer, who know the same rejection and betrayal I have experienced, and I know there are those here who hear the Shofar blast waking the Body from slumber--this is a group with their lamps fully stocked with Oil and we are making ready for the Bridegroom. We raise the standard while the world lowers theirs and the truth has set us free. We are the intercessors, the prophets and the warriors with a mandate to serve our King and to embrace Him as our friend. We are the remnant who will stand even if our legs shake and speak truth even if our voices break.
May I encourage anyone here who has felt betrayed or hurt by family or church family to stay the course and know you are not alone. This is a dividing season where the set apart will be set up for breakthrough and an outpouring of the Spirit. Pray for those who are blind that they may see and those who refuse to hear the truth may God open their ears.

The darkness may be great but our God is greater and He will not be denied.

Covered with His blood and baptized with water and sealed with His love, every son and every daughter. We march on bended knee and pride lays prostrate as we intercede and attack hell's very gate. We are the redeemed and ransomed of the Lamb and in His Spirit united we will stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment