Wednesday 22 May 2013

FAILTE!! WELCOME!!


Welcome to my "snug" may it be a place where you can bring your coffee, your Guinness, your tea, or whatever you fancy drinking.  Join me the Seanachai as I do what the Irish do best--spin yarns, tell tales as it were, go on about everything and nothing.  

What is a snug you ask--and a seanachai well I've never heard that word before!  

Firstly, a snug is a private booth in any well respected pub where intimate small gatherings may take place, or where matters of espionage, and plot may be laid.  

Seanachai is an Irish storyteller and is pronounced "Shawn-Key".  'Tis something almost every Irish person is by sheer Gaeliage genetics, and something everyone else tries to acquire by kissing the Blarney Stone atop the Blarney Castle.

As you can see by the photos above, my snug is a grand size with room for a rather generous party, and the seats are plush and supple leather to make comfortable.  'Tis almost like a wee church you know with all this wondrous etched and stained glass.

If you wish, you may close the wee door as you enter, and shut the merry makers out with their boisterous laughter and shenanigans.  

Before we begin our time together I'll be asking the Publican to draw me another pint of Arthur's best...and Guinness and I shall endeavor to indulge in Ireland's best past time...the talking the tales, and making grand friends.

Welcome to my wee snug, and may it be a place you wish to snuggle in, and let the world fade away into the mists and mirth of the day.
Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment